Saturday, November 7, 2009

bp6_20091107_Flickr

Flicker has been around for a while (2004), there are some interesting lesson plans that have been created based on the use of Flickr.
Some of the lessons use the site as material for writing promts, an introduction to social networks, a way to introduce folksonomies and tagging concepts.
Well the list goes on but while I was able to find several interesting lesson, I doubt that I would use any of these in my classroom, however it did prompt me to consider some of my own lesson and consider how I would use Flickr. I teach concepts of photography, camera angles and shots, basics of cinematography. Flickr would be a great way for students to practice photo recognition, to search for a variety of types of camera shots and angles. It would be a wonderful way for students to reinforce the definitions of these terms with examples. The search process would realy allow students to view multiple images allowing them to start the process of comparing styles and help to develop their own critical eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment